HOW TO ENCOURAGE THE YOUNG TO CHOOSE FRENCH
ARGUMENTS IN FAVOUR OF FRENCH
- Foreign languages open the door to other cultures.
- Those who learn several languages will become more aware of their own national
- If you study French, you will even enrich your English !
- In most of the countries of Europe and even of the world, French is the second foreign
language taught, after English
- French is the language most used, after English, international organizations such as
UNO, NATO, the EU . .
- France is the most visited country in the world.
- The French language gives you direct access to the masterpieces of French literature,
cinema and song, as well as to the strip cartoons of Astérix and Tintin.
- «Study in France, a passport to success ! »
- At least 15 French groups are listed among the top 200 in the world, all sectors
- I will have a better chance of finding interesting work in my own country, in France or
in a French-speaking country.
- «French is a rich and melodious language which enables precision and the expression
of shades of meaning».
- As French is important in professional life, why not learn it at school, it’s so much
more difficult to learn it as an adult, and it costs more as well !
- If you have learnt French, you will find it easier to learn Spanish, Italian and
Portuguese because these languages are sister languages, derived from Latin.
- Someone who has learnt French is able « to go to some 50 countries in the world
which offer an extraordinary cultural, economic and political richness”.
- French-speaking countries and their supporters stand up for cultural and linguistic
diversity in the world and so for their own language.
- France drewup La déclaration universelle des droits de l’homme, in force in modern
democracies following the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen of 1789.
- By learning French I increase my skills and will have a better chance of finding
- French allows you to go where other languages are politically less acceptable.
- The importance of multilinguism, i.e. the need to learn several languages to ensure
better cultural diversity in the world.